Ma' Breizh



It was few days prior La Chandeleur or Jour des crêpes/ Pannenkoekdag/ Pancake Day, I was already craving for crêpes, so I came here on January 27, 2020.

Honestly, it’s been since a while ago I was interested to try on the lunch formula (Monday to Friday) offered by this family owned serving traditional Breton-style crêpes. My mind was wandering to a spring break road trip to Normandy-Brittany region years ago, and I remember a nice lunch at a local crêperie with similar menu.
Looking from the outside, it might not be inviting. But when entering, amazed how it’s actually really cozy.
Note for visitor and owner: door a bit difficult to open, required a very strong push. Or maybe because I had no breakfast?


I was very ambitious getting the lunch set. It has one choice of savoury pancake, 2 choices of sweet version (with sugar or chocolate) and a drink (cider/ apple juice/ bottled water), for the price of 11,90 EUR (also available for kids up to 10 years old for 7,90 EUR).
Meanwhile I kinda doubt myself choosing this option, considering it was 30 minutes before closing.
The place was quiet with only me and an old couple sitting at the other corner. Both ladies running this place were friendly and service was good.

The classic galette complète with cheese, ham and egg served with salad and dressing. A bit burn and slightly bitter to my taste. I knew it was a challenge to finish it. Cheese and ham both thick and heavy, but salad with the dressing balance the whole plate, very nice. And apple juice helped to cleanse the palate. Two bites to go but I quit and decided to save a little room for the next step.


My crêpe with homemade dark chocolate sauce came in probably less than a minute. It was thin and light, still didn’t manage to finish it.


Next visit I will come earlier, so hopefully will have more time savouring the meal. And.. I will only choose one galette or a crêpe. There’s an option to create your own crêpe (base from 3 EUR) with various ingredients (from 1,50 EUR) or choose from the gourmet menu of sweet (7,10 – 9,90 EUR) and savoury (7,50 – 12,60 EUR) choices.

Rue de la Clef 50
0499 13 89 44
Monday/ Wednesday 12 - 2 pm
Tuesday/ Thursday 12 - 2 pm, 6.30 - 9 pm (until 10 pm on Friday and Saturday)
Cash payment only!